The Dominican Institute of Civil Aviation is in charge of the supervision and control of civil aviation in the Dominican Republic, except for the powers conferred by this law to the JAC and will be responsible for exercising the functions that are granted by law 491- 06, as well as the effective application of the regulations, orders, standards and rules that are within its competence. The IDAC will be headed by a Director General and a Deputy Director or Deputy Director General appointed by the Executive Branch.
Promote the responsible and safe development of national civil aviation, through regulation, supervision, the promotion of aeronautical activity, as well as the provision of air navigation services.
Consolidate regional leadership in operational safety, promoting the sustainable and sustainable development of national civil aviation, supported by innovation and transparency of management.
- Operational excellence: Agile and reliable collaborators, who add competitive advantages with quality and effectiveness.
- Innovation: Innovative collaborators, who constantly seek effective change management, to improve themselves.
- Professionalism: Collaborators committed to results and duty fulfilled.
- Transparency: Ethical collaborators, committed to their word.
Strategic Axis no.1. OPERATIONAL SAFETY GUARANTEE
General Objective no.1. Guarantee operational safety, by expanding capacities for the provision of air navigation services and the surveillance of operations and risks associated with aviation, maintaining good state performance in operational safety.
Strategic Axis no.2. INSTITUTIONAL STRENGTHENING
General Objective no.2. Promote the creation of capacity for the systematic fulfillment of the mission and scope of the institutional vision, supported by innovation, technology, transparency and ethics.
Strategic Axis no.3. PROMOTION OF CIVIL AVIATION
General Objective no.3. Promote the development of civil aviation by creating facilities to improve the competitiveness of the sector
Strategic Axis no.4. ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION
General Objective no.4. Contribute to the reduction of environmental impacts derived from aeronautical activity for the adequate adaptation to climate change and sustainable development.
Our commitments are:
- The effective management of the Regulation, Certification and Surveillance of aeronautical activity, as well as the effective provision of Air Navigation Services.
- The promotion of a positive safety culture.
- The prevention of dangers, risks, contamination and the continuous improvement of the good performance of safety and health at work.
- Provide safe and healthy working conditions for the prevention of injuries and deterioration of work-related health, as well as for the consultation and participation of workers and their representatives.
- The protection of the environment, the responsible use of natural resources and their derivatives and the continuous improvement of good environmental performance.
- The continuous improvement of the quality management system.
- The management of risks and vulnerabilities that may affect the availability, integrity and confidentiality of the information and its improvement continues.
- The development of our activities within the framework of social responsibility.
- The promotion of a work environment that favors gender equality.
- The training and continuous training of human resources to contribute to the operational safety of civil aviation.
- The promotion and development of competitiveness and innovation in aeronautical activity.